The Sligo Family Resource Centre, is based at 49 The Mall, Sligo, and is one of 107 Family Resource Centres under the Family Support Services Programme based throughout the country.
The outcomes Sligo FRC aims to achieve are as follows:
- That individuals, families and groups have access to a range of supports and services that enable and promote participation in society
- That people actively avail of a variety of community-based learning and development opportunities
- That children’s holistic development is nourished in a safe, comfortable and fun environment.
- That individuals and families are supported in times of need
- That minority individuals and groups are empowered to participate in their wider community
In order to do this work we receive funding from Túsla Child and Family Agency Family Support Service Unit (FSSU), Túsla Child and Family Agency Prevention Partnership and Family Support (PPFS) local office, Health Service Executive – Disability services, Health Service Executive – social inclusion, Pobal and support from the Department of Social Protection.