The Sligo Family Resource Centre, is based at 49 The Mall, Sligo, and is one of 120 Family Resource Centres under the Family Support Services Programme based throughout the country.
The outcomes Sligo FRC aims to achieve are that:
- individuals, families and groups have access to a range of supports and services that enable and promote an active and healthy lifestyle and physical and mental wellbeing
- people actively avail of a variety of community-based learning and development opportunities to achieve full potential in learning and development
- children’s holistic development is nourished in a safe, comfortable and fun environment.adn feel safe and protected from harm
- individuals and families are supported in times of need and have the capacity to attain economic security and opportunity
- minority individuals and groups are empowered to be connected, respected and contributing to their wider world
In order to do this work we receive funding from Túsla Child and Family Agency National Office, Túsla Child and Family Agency Prevention Partnership and Family Support (PPFS) local office, Health Service Executive – disability services, Pobal, Department of Justice, Healthy Ireland, Sligo County Council Grants as well as support from the Department of Social Protection through the Community Employment Programme.